16. June 2014. Udenhout, Netherlands.We are finally preparing to live in a little house, somewhere in the green hills of Serra da Estrela, central Portugal - for a while. It seems to us that this is the right moment to do it. We will work on our writing and see to it that Miru is surrounded by the magic of the southern European countryside. Feel free to contact us if you are in the region.
- About us
- About Charity Travel
- About us
- History and Motives
- CT in the media
- Other Resources
- Thanks to:
20 April. Vila Flor, Portugal / Seoul, KoreaWe are still looking for a place to live in Spain or Portugal. While Yeon is currently visiting her family in South Korea, Kamiel is hitch-hiking in Portugal after a short stay with a wonderfully excentring philosopher in Ledesma near Salamanca, enjoying walks through its magical surroundings. He will visit ecovillages and communities in Portugal, before traveling north to Paris to attend the conference Ouisharefest on May 5-7th.
15. March, 2014, Madrid, Spain.
22 December. Udenhout, Netherlands.
2. October 2013. Berlin, Germany.couchsurfing. The preparations for our transition village in Spain are going well. We are organizing through a Facebook Group. To those who are curious about this - don't hesitate to write us. We want to create a large group of a few hundred people, and then organically evolve into a dozen wonderful village groups. Here is a German documentary about the transition movement in Spain (from minute 15 in the video).
August 17, 2013. Berlin, Germany.
June 6. Kuala Lumpur/Seoul, Malaysia/South Korea.What are the initiators of CT doing? Tomorrow, Yeon will be giving a talk at a University in Seoul about Charity Travel, while Kamiel is in Malaysia to travel, meet old friends, make new ones, and get in touch with sustainable living initiatives in the region. They will reunite mid July in Germany.
May 6th. Chungju, South Korea.Our daughter Miru is now 4 months old and a wonderful baby. Having the responsibility of an infant changes priorities, and in this month's post Kamiel sketches, with some revolutionary fervor, what we envision for the future: A modest piece of rural land to live responsibly, invite our fellow idealist travelers, and create a base to return to.
5 February. Seoul, South Korea.
- We are happy parents now of our daughter Miru!
- Kindmankind.net is still working! The platform for independent volunteering that we set up in 2011, is still going strong. And it will remain in the ether in the foreseeable future, so keep sharing.
- We are planning to settle in the Spanish countryside! This seems to be the place to go if you want to live relatively independent of the "system".
- Kamiel is working as a Wordpress developer and can help you out with your charitable website!
December 31. Seoul, South Korea.On the verge of the new year, we would like to wish everybody a bright and hopeful future and a very good start of 2013. As for Charity Travel, we hope that more people will share, especially their knowledge, with those who need it most. And there is other news.